Friday, December 11, 2015

Betrayal At Calth Project

Been awhile since I've posted, but it feels good to be back at it. Work has kept me busy for the last few months, and I got bogged down working on Genesis. With the new release of the Betrayal at Calth boxed set I knew I had to buy it. I've always been intrigued by boxed sets, and a Horus Heresy boxed set is a can't miss.

My twin brother and I decided to do a joint project. We've actually made plans for many joint armies, but the Calth boxed set is the most doable at this point. I've taken the Ultramarines (I've got Gulliman's blood after all) and Chris has taken the Word Bearers. He is mired deep in the throes of the enemy (law school) so not much painting at the moment for him, but I've gotten off to a good start; albeit, with some missteps.

I've chosen a simple paint scheme from the Sons of Ultramar painting guide (totally forget about the Calth painting guide--whoops). Prime grey then basecoat in Macragge Blue spray, which looks great and goes on really fast. After that it's relatively simple detail work.

I'll have some pictures up soon since I've already made decent headway on a few minis. The Ultramarines side only have a tac squad and termies, so not too many minis. I march for Macragge!