Thursday, July 23, 2015

WIP Company Champion

Off to a good an early start at the painter's table this morning. I have a somewhat busy afternoon, but I wanted to share some of the progress I've made on this model. I am trying to get him across the line today or tomorrow and hopefully his command squad brothers by next month. I've been going back and from cosplay to painting, which is a nice way to keep from getting bogged down on one project. This morning I basically worked a lot on the gold detail of the mini. The torso was already completed, but I finished the helm (which may require some touchup).





The helm wasn't too difficult. I've seen two variants on the design. One is the golden mouthguard like what I did here, the other design is a completely golden helm. This design idea I got from GW's website picture of a Salamander company champion.

I also painted the shoulder pads, which will require a second coat of gold, and the sword details pictured here. The shield arm is taking longer as the combat shield has to be detailed from the front and the bolt pistol on the back.

I will try to get some more pictures out tonight as I make more progress. I like how he's coming together.