Thursday, July 16, 2015

Cosplay Update: Forearm and Upper Arm

Blog update as promised! Once again everything took longer than expected, so not as much progress as I hoped. I didn't even get to paint today, but I will definitely do some tomorrow. The forearm and upper arm were not hard to complete, just a little tedious as usual with folding all the right tabs and getting everything put together right.

The only remaining part needed to complete this arm, which is the right arm, is the elbow plate that actually connects the two arm pieces together. I am working on a way to make this a movable joint, I've never really seen a cosplay space marine that could bend at the elbows, or the elbow was fixed in a bent position.



I need the elbows to bend because my brother and I want to do a live action 40k film. Mobility and realism is a big part of how we are designing these suits. I'll say more about the live action film in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, here are the pictures of the completed pieces. Once I get both arms done I will probably make a video with me wearing the suit to give an idea of the scale.