Monday, January 5, 2015

January Budget Challenge

I had to push back my schedule a bit because the libby was taking longer than expected, so for January I will be doing the command squad. Moving everything back actually helps because I had an extra month on the back end. I'm missing some paint I need for the libby, so I went ahead and started on the command squad. Hopefully, I can get the paint on Thursday and finish the librarian by the end of the week. Until then I can go ahead and assemble and base the command squad so as not to waste time.






All the pieces
Getting the highly individualized command squad together is taking some time, but I'm off to a good start. I've done some small scaled modification on some of the minis, and I'm using the now discontinued Genesis Chapter shoulder pads. I had these awesome pads way back (16 months ago) when I started the project, but couldn't secure enough pads before GW stopped making them. I thought I might as well use them, especially on a central unit like the command squad.

Metal Genesis shoulder pad
I am assembling the minis more fully than I have before but still leaving off anything that would make painting difficult. The standard bearer will be the only mini completely assembled before basing.

I should be able to spray the base coat (Chaos Black) tomorrow. The Apothecary I am going old school and doing it entirely in white. Washing the mini will be a bit tricky, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.