Monday, January 26, 2015

FTGT Budget Challenge January Progress

Well, push has come to shove now in terms of getting my January models across the line. I can take solace in the fact that I have pretty much painted every time I got a chance, I just have been so busy that I haven't been able to work on anything much. Plus, the librarian took up about half of the month. I will still try to finish as close to schedule as possible but right now I will probably just manage to get the second coat of Khorne Red finished by the end of the week, and detail painting will take a week or more, so I will remain two weeks behind.



But part of getting armies built, and part of life really, is simply pressing on until the task is done. Models won't paint themselves. It's frustrating to be behind schedule but only hard work will get me back on track.

The same goes for your armies! Keep painting, and just keep working.

All of the red you see here is just the first coat. The standard bearer has the most paint on him, mainly because his arms don't hinder me from painting any of his other surfaces. Still have to be careful with a detail brush on the arms, but the torso is open and easy to reach.

I also started working on the Apothecary, which you can see in the background of some of these pictures. I am doing him in all white for the classic Apothecary look. Besides detail work, not much has to be done on him.

More updates coming later when the week when I have more to show for my efforts!