Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Library Calls

Been about a month since I've posted and been able to do any modeling really. In that time I have moved to my own apartment, so it's been a busy few weeks. My new modeling station is a great set up though, and if work ever calms down a bit I should be able to start pumping out some models soon.

I am taking a break from the Predator, which was the last model I was working on, and going back to work on some minis. At the moment I have started on the Librarian, which is a Citadel Finecast model.

I'm really excited about this model despite the negative reviews Finecast has received over the years. I don't have any complaints at the moment other than all the tabs and mold lines (they're everywhere) so I haven't primed anything as I'm worried about missing a tab and having to go back and cut it off later. I believe I have just about found them all (fingers crossed).

I am equipping my librarian with the standard force staff (which is bent of course, working on straightening it) along with a storm bolter. Another range weapon won't hurt, and it's pretty cheap. My librarian will probably join with my future termie squad on deep strike runs since my captain doesn't have termie armor and has his own command squad.

I enjoyed working on my first character piece, the captain, and I'm looking forward to the librarian as well. The command squad has some pretty awesome minis as well, which I may do next. The librarian of course has his own paint scheme. I'll do another in depth post about his colors later.

Glad to be back, lots of stuff to work on but determined to get across the line.