Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Eternal Crusade

I am so very excited about the latest Warhammer 40k game to take flight! Eternal Crusade appears to be heading in the right direction. Slated for release late in 2015, which is frustrating, but I certainly want the developers to get the game right, Eternal Crusade is the first 40k MMO ever to be released. Many gamers were eagerly waiting Dark Millennium, which failed to get off the ground despite
initial promise.

I am still at work on my Genesis army, and I do not necessarily want to get side tracked into the world of computer gaming, but 40k is still 40k. I cannot express how much I am looking forward to this. Behavior's claims are ambitious. They want to make a 40k MMO with large scale battles like PlanetSide 2, which I've played and it's pretty epic when you have hundreds of players on either side. If the Eternal Crusade team is successful, this could be the best 40k game to date.

I have followed the game for over a year now, and I just pre-ordered the basic founder pack.  Four factions are available; Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Eldar, and Orks. Tyranids will be non playable AIs to make things interesting. For the Space Marines, the sub factions are Ultramarines, Dark Angles, Blood Angels, and Space Wolves.

I for one hope that eventually the factions will be expanded, or at least custom schemes allowed so other chapters can be created, but that's pretty good for now.

Subscriptions are necessary to play, with only a limited Ork account being free to play. Hopefully though subscriptions mean a better game and better players. The game style is an MMORPG, so a third person perspective like Space Marine. Honestly if the game was as solid as Space Marine I would be thrilled. I'm still killing away on Space Marine online (there's always more Orks).

I could go on for hours about the game, but you're better off checking it out for yourself as I have many things I need (and should) be doing.

One quick thing, if you want some free Rogue Trader points, when you register for the game (do so by creating an account) enter my referral code when asked.

My code is EC-G6T7F1SB5018P

Just copy paste it straight in to the appropriate box. Doing so will give me and you extra points and perks which would be nice. Anyway, thank you for supporting the blog and enjoy checking out Eternal Crusade!

Eternal Crusade website