Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Next Tournament Plans

Despite the frustration of missing tourney after tourney, I am setting my sights on another tourney; however, this one should actually be reachable. The Games Workshop in Sandy Springs, GA, which is officially called Games Workshop: City Walk, is having an escalation league that starts on September 5th at 750 pts. With the second full tac squad completed by the end of this week, I will have 470 pts total. That would give me 2 weeks to get 280 pts. My scout squad is 70 pts and my captain is 190 pts which gets me 260 pts. Another option is my 170 pt command squad that I picked up over the weekend. The captain and scouts I could do quicker than the command squad and the captain, but it's hard to say. Either way, that is the deadline I am pushing for now.

I feel that 750 pts is a reachable goal. This week will be key; though, and I have to absolutely finish the last 3 remaining Marines of my tac squad. I don't think the scouts will take very long especially since they don't have power armor, but I have learned with painting that everything takes longer than you think. If all else fails, I know I can do a vehicle in just a few days, so getting the Predator I need is also an option.

Work limits me to only 1-3 hours of painting a day, and so far my models probably take 8-10 hours per model. Under that pace even finishing 3 guys this week will be difficult. Friday night and Saturday will be key in staying on truck.

Don't give up on your projects! It takes time, hard work, and diligence to see an army to completion. But you can do it!